- To work to disseminate knowledge and skills among deprived and marginalized classes and to achieve academic growth by offering state of art under-graduate and post-graduate program.
- To bring into process of education women and those sections of society which have been denied the opportunity before.
- To cater to the special needs and requirements of the new entrants and those who are economically worse off
- To emphasize the values like liberty, equality, social justice and secularism as enshrined in the constitution.
- To develop qualities of character, courage, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, sportsmanship and selfless service among the youth to make them responsible citizens.
- To impart multi-faculty education to students.
- To impact knowledge, information and skills necessary to face the highly competitive world
- To conduct special classes for those students who cannot keep pace with normal teaching.
- To help development their communication skills in particular and all round personality development in general.
- To promote entrepreneurial skills and management abilities that would cater to the needs of industry and business.
- To promote acquisition of knowledge in the context of new innovations, research and discovery.
- To promote intellectual inquiry, rationalism and scientific temper among students.
- To inculcate in students dignity of labour, social responsibility and if possible, social commitment.
- To create a human resource motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life.
- To encourage the women to take active part in education and achieve excellence in academic and overall personality development.
- To provide standard facilities of hostel accommodation, physical education and value education to the students.